Thursday, March 01, 2007

Good Days and Rainy Days

Yesterday was a good day, it was sunny out, I studied all day and the only thing to mar my day was no knitting, not even a row. Be that as it may, it still could not ruin my day, I had felt so behind after chaperoning a trip my daughter 2 weeks ago that it just felt good to start feeling like I was catching up. After all, if I'm caught up I get to knit more! I also did it, yes I did, hopefully I will be excepted into the secret pal 10 . I can't wait to get my confirmation email saying I will be able to do it. I'm also very, very nervous. I personally think I'm the worst gift giver in the world, as in actually picking the presents. I LOVE to give though and have never had any complaints, so either people are being nice or I'm being a bit hard on myself, either way I can't even say how excited I am!!

Today its rainy and I may even have to cut this short as I thought I heard thunder in the distance. I couldn't sleep last night, I was still lying there awake when DH's alarm went off at 4am..sigh... I finally got to sleep right after that but had to get up at 6:30am. OMGosh, everything looked so gritty and blurry. At 32 I think my party days are long behind me because honestly I just can't do that anymore..lol.. So I didn't make it to my first 2 class's today, I hated missing them but I would have been at school, having to drive in the rain with only 2 1/2 hours of sleep in over 24 hours, so I went back to bed and made it to my English class, a bit later in the morning. That went well and now I'm home again and studying for tonight's lab and quiz in Anatomy and Physiology....after that its my FRIDAY (tonight after class)!!! Wooo hooo!! I can get caught up on email's like I promised, watch Greys Anatomy and just do some math online. And hopefully get a few rows done, I can't believe I'm not done with my sock yet for as excited as I am!! But I would rather be able to sit not stressed out and know in my heart that all my work and study is done...wouldn't want any mistakes ya know!! :c)

Well that thunder is to close now, so I will have to end this early. Hopefully it will pass by the time I get home tonight, but if not I apologize to anyone who doesn't get there email and I won't be able to do math online, so I guess I would just have to knit. ;c) What hardship life is!! lol

Take care everyone!

April in SC

2 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Thank you so much for your nice reply on yahoo. I have gotten some rather rude replies to my two question...as for socks in acrylic, some aren't so bad, the Simply Soft line lends itself to booties/house shoes rather well...More like the casual just chilling in the house socks...not to wear in public. Anywho...it is nice to see that Southerners are still the nicest out there!

April in SC said...

Carrie Penny,

Your so welcome! And I'm sorry some of your replies were rude, honestly there really are yarn snobs out there! LOL Now I do admit if I could be one I might. (j/k), but since I can't I feel we can all only do what we can do to enjoy the craft of knitting. And as for house socks, those would be really great if I LIKED socks...I beleive I will like my new hand made socks, but honestly I'm not a sock person at all and would go barefoot if I could. lol I'm thinking most of my socks will be either anklets or Geisha socks so I can wear them with my flip flops...which takes away from some of those wonderful lace patterns...mmm.. I might have to change my mind on socks! LOL

And as for finding a nice southerner...I'm from Alaska!! heehehe I've only been down here a few years, but I THANK YOU so much for the reply, it has been my experience that southerners are extremely kind and awesome people. :c)