Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Dreaded Flu & Trade me Sock Yarn?

Well, the dreaded flu hit me starting Sat/Sun, and than my 16 yo got it today. I'm finally feeling better and actually ate something that had substance today. :c)

As for knitting, I Finally finished my Trekking sock!! Yayaya... 1 complete pair! I finished them Monday night right before bed, and wore them yesterday to school. A bunch of them were amazed and excited for me as they've seen me knitting on them inbetween or before class.. So in a sense they took part of that exciting journey with me.


I'm also past the gusset stitches on J's Austermann sock, the first one and I'm looking around to for a pattern to CO with my Lorna's Lace. I've been really looking and asking questions about this pattern HERE . It's a PDF so you know. Its an ankle sock with what looks like to me a pattern similar to the Jaywalker?? Anyway I'm not 100% sure but I'm leaning that way. :c)


Looking through some of my saved patterns I realized that a lot of the patterns I have require solid colored sock yarn, which I don't have.... The reason?? Well so far I've only knit with my Trekking and now the Austermann, and soon to be the Lornas Laces... I'm not sure what I like yet, and figued I would knit up what I have and than make a decision on which yarn I either want to try next or to buy in solid colors.


Now my secret...I have held off on this secret because I wanted to do pictures... You know the ones I promised over a week ago?? sigh... yea, those pictures...sigh...


Anyway, a few weeks ago now I bought some yarn that arrived in the mail! I was SO excited. Here is what I got:

1 ball ~ Fleece Artist ~ Color Woodland ~ For me
1 ball ~ Opal ~ Color 3704 ~ for daughter
2 balls ~ Regia ~ Color 5455 ~ for me or J
1 ball ~ Fortissima ~ Color 9045? ~ Small project for son
1 ball ~ Opal ~ Color 15 ~ for J
1 ball ~ Regia Cotton ~ Color 5420 ~ for me

Now my last ball. This looked SO different online. It 100% taught me to look at other websites to see if the color may vary...because to me it looks nothing like what the picture showed. When I actually get the time I would like to show the difference. Anyway this is what is:

1 ball ~ Online ~ Color 787 ~

Anyway, I relooked a the color online, and the color looks right, just a lot lighter...at least to me, maybe its not and I just don't like it. For some reason I thought it would be darker, the yellow is just to chipper for me I think...I have nothing that would match the 'lighter' tones...but it does feel really soft, I will be buying more soon, just in a deeper color... :c

Either way I don't want this ball.. I paid 6.75 for it, I got it onsale, not sure what it would be anywhere else, but if someone would like to trade for a different sock yarn equal to the 6.75, just let me know! I do have pets (cats, dogs, parrots), and it has been around smoke in the sense that J will smoke a cigar outside of our home, but does have it on his clothes.



Its the bottom picture (787) and its much lighter than the picture..more like spring and summer (I guess the summer in the name should have gotten me (Online ~ summer 787) but it didn't). So just think all those colors just much lighter... ;c)

Well I better get, I have to do one more short blog and than I need to get to bed. I have a math test tomorrow and a huge test in english.

April in SC


No comments: