Thursday, March 15, 2007

About Me~

It became obvious to me today glancing lightly through my blog that I suppose I never really introduced myself properly or even really gave any idea of what is going on in my life. Which of course means that all my rambling means nothing to anyone who reads it....well, duh on my part eh?? So I guess this will be a meeny me life story post. :c)

Wow, writing that was the easy part, telling about myself now seems a bit hard..lol...

Okay, I will be 33 in April. I had my first daughter very young at 16. I got married at 16 to, that lasted about 6 1/2 years, I met Jack about a year after my divorce started, we decided to wait to get married since we both had been married before and well, that has turned into 10 years later and still not married, but we are planning for it this year, seems fitting after all we have been through and of course it being our 10th. I have 5 children and one step son. Three of our children live with us, which would be a whole different story, and not short as its a bit twisted like most blended families tend to be.

For the most part I've been a stay at home mom, although I did work for a few years in there and also went to college. We decided with our last two children that I would stay home until the last one went to school full time, which was this year. I was born and raised in Alaska, moved to Michigan with my ex where I spent about 9 years, went back to Alaska for 2 years and than moved down here where I've been for almost 4 years.

I have a lot of companion pets...2 dogs, 5 cats, 1 turtle, and 6 parrots. I have a ford truck which started having break problems today, but its my baby and I love it. Although everyone tends to make fun of me because I have to use a body pillow doubled up to drive it since I'm only 4' 11".

I don't prefer cooking and love easy recipes, which since I don't prefer cooking means I'm usually to lazy to look them up. I'm not a bad cook, I would just rather fold laundry, mop, clean the kitty litter or even the toilet instead. ;c) Thank goodness Jack loves to cook so we trade off days.

I do like fishing, camping, reading, cross stitch, did I mention reading?? lol.. and of course my pets , family and the biggy knitting.

I don't collect to many nick knacks, we've moved a lot the last 6 years and also because of our parrots, which could fly into them and break them, we do a have a few treasures though.

mm...I don't like to shop much, unless its a craft/yarn/bookstore, I love, love, love coffee and tea, unfortunately I'm pretty stuck on decaf with only an occasional live cup in my hand. Although I don't go have it professionally done I believe everyone woman deserves to treat herself to a nice night of tea, good movie and painting her toe nails. Maybe its because I'm not much of a foot person but I think woman's toes look better in sandals with a bit of color... kind of a me thing I guess. lol...

Last summer I was in a car accident and have a bulging disk in my neck and possible facet joint damage. I've had 3 epidurals with my last on Dec 11. I thought it was getting much better but it has been bothering me again, which means it feels like the muscles in my neck are trying to crawl into the back of my skull while my right arm and sometimes part of my leg goes a bit numb and just causes general annoying pain. Still it could be worse, and I just want to get it fixed...especially since its keeping me from getting that last of my 6 year old baby fat off! LOL

Right now, I'm going to college full time, hopefully to become a nurse. I just started back this school year and even if I complain I'm very excited to have the opportunity to be doing this.

I have an awesome family and our family spends almost every Sat night having dinner at my Aunts house, now she is a fantastic cook! Yippy!!! I have two great older sisters that both live in AK and my parents are total life savers, they are open, communicate well, are understanding and except their entire family with no reserve. I can actually say that about all my close family, I'm very fortunate, and hopefully my parents will be moving down here to SC sometime this year, we'll see. :c)

Personally right now I feel like I'm in transition and I'm not really sure where I'm going. After staying home for the last few years and now reemerging into the outside world where its not just kids and more kids I'm finding out things about myself that have just changed or is changing. Its an exciting time and I never know where I myself will be going or what I might be thinking about next. Its totally something I've needed and everyday is always a good day to experience something either about the outside world or something about myself I didn't know before... A good example is knitting...When I first started I really wanted to learn socks but felt I needed to get some other basics down first...you know, learning to knit right?? LOL So while I'm doing that I'm looking at all sorts of sock patterns and yarns and pictures online and I'm thinking to myself two things 1. wow, sock yarn is expensive and 2. I don't think I would ever be so bold with my color, don't sock knitters knit with solid colors?? So fast forward to about Jan...I decide I'm ready for socks, but now its different, something changed in just a year, and even from the few weeks before Xmas, because all the sudden 11.00 doesn't seem so bad and OMGosh, I LOVE color, still most of the warm tones and not anything loud, but honestly I can't imagine doing many sock patterns with solid yarn...there are only maybe 2 cable patterns that just wouldn't look right on anything else...but now I just love the color, not sure what changed but thankfully it did.... Its great to step out of my comfort zone and just go with life, to stand inside that fire instead of outside looking in...

Well, that got long...if your still with me, thanks, and maybe its time for a potty break?? ;c)

Its almost 11:30 and I'm bound and determined to be in bed by midnight tonight! I'm crammed again in homework and I haven't even knit yet today...sigh...probably not gonna happen tonight, but if I go to bed and get up early I bet I can squeeze some time in...whoo hooo!!!

April in SC

P.S. I thought knitting was addictive, and it is...I could never give it up, but once long ago I looked into spinning but where I lived at the time there wasn't anywhere to learn, and it was before the Internet even came to that area to....but now....Oh Boy, the world is opening up and this might be something in my future...we'll have to wait and see since I'm just reading up on it...lol...

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

Hi April. I saw your Yahoo group post asking for information on Spinning. I also am thinking about spinning - not that I need another obsession!! I can't give you any help - I know NOTHING!!

Good luck with your school - and all that you have going on in your life.

Good luck also with SecretPal 10! I am not involved with it, but it should be fun. I just experineced my first swap - "Sockret Pal" - it was fun.

Visit my blog anytime....
kathy in iowa