Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I made it through today!! Now on to Gauge stuff...

Okay, nothing really exciting for the heading I put except I made it through another day of school AND got several rows done on my second Trekking sock during my Anatomy and Physiology class tonight.. I'm so ready for this darn sock to be done so I can wash and wear the pair, I'm getting there and it shouldn't take me long now.

Tomorrow and Thursday will be big days for me so I probably won't get an update put up here, and I'm not sure I will get the pictures up I had wanted to yesterday before Thursday night or Friday. I found out tonight that we are having our first practical in A/P Thursday night and I have loads to study as it covers 8 or 9 chapters and is all hands on (AND I have some sock yarn that should be delivered that day, how am I ever going to learn all I need for A/P Thursday night when sock yarn is coming that day? LOL). The good thing is that we get to do it in our lab teams, so tonight after class we split up the work and each of us 3 will be "specializing" in our own topic along with just doing a general study of all material covered to date....Wish me luck, its a lot of information and since we are behind in chapters some of the stuff we haven't even gone over in lecture..and I know I need some luck to remember all the surface muscles of the body along with lipids and protein reactions from a previous lab.. Good thing I not only took notes but also made out a tabled lab report I can now study off of. :c)

Okay, for the gauge thingy that is going on over here..

I am knitting my Trekking on my size 0 needles, I CO and started knitting a swatch with the Austermann I just got on my size 1 needles...and I'm getting 11 Spi on both.. Okay, I was told this can happen, no biggy. What is confusing me is that if I use the formula of (Spi x Ankle Circumference) with 20% deducted for ease it still seems like I'm going to have CO a large amount for Jack's socks. Here is what it comes out to be:

With my Trekking I CO 68 which was really snug, I don't think I could do that with anything but a plan vanilla ankle sock, I do like my socks snug though so for the pattern I used this is fine. But here is what my CO would be for me and Jack, if anyone has any ideas on this at all please let me know.

Using (spi x ankle) with 20% ease

Me:
70 sts -- which seems okay

Jack:
88 sts -- which seems like a lot

How many of you out there cast on 88 sts for socks? And since I did take the 20% off for ease how do you think it would effect the size if done in a rib pattern that is carried down the leg and top of foot?? Should I only take 10% or would the 20% with the 88 sts be okay??


Any and all answers or suggestions would be wonderful and much appreciated!

Okay, its midnight and I have loads of studying to do tomorrow, I hope everyone had a great day and I want to thank everyone who has left me comments, they are all much appreciated!!

April in SC

No comments: