Monday, March 05, 2007

Yarn Goddess's

Well the Goddess of yarn visited me this weekend...umm..er...I guess I should say my Fiancee took me to a local yarn shop..LOL... Of course I got some yarn and boy am I excited! I got some Austermann and Lornas Laces in colorway Black Watch. Hopefully pictures will be coming some time today. :c) And I was SO happy to find out that one of the wonderful Ladies who works at the yarn shop is left handed and knits backwards to! woo hooo!!

Well Friday Jack came home and put a new muffler on one of our cars, I had been at Lowe's earlier that day and picked up some really beautiful lavender paint for some shelves for my youngest daughter, so I painted those up. Saturday Jack got up early and served me breakfast in bed (yes, I've been very spoiled like that almost every weekend for 10 yrs this year!), we talked and had coffee together and than got ready so he could take me to the yarn shop, after that we went to my aunts house which we usually do on Saturday nights and had a great visit and wonderful food (she is a GREAT cook). While we were at my aunts I got a few rows done on my Trekking sock. When we got home we put in a movie and I started a swatch on my size 1's with the Austermann, these will be for Jack and I think I finally got him excited about a pair of socks. Now he would rather have a sweater..lol..but I think this yarn has caught his attention and he's looking forward to having them. Boy, I'm not sure how others have felt about the Austermann but to me it feels SO soft, almost slippery its so soft. I can't wait to actually get the sock on the needle. Since I'm almost done with my Trekking socks and I like using my size 0's I decided instead of using my size 1's for my Lornas Laces (picture showed in earlier blog post) I would go ahead and CO on size 1's with the Austermann and wait to use my size 0's for my LL. We were both so tired that we didn't watch much of the movie. Sunday I studied all day and the same for today. I'm hoping if I can get done by early evening I will have time to do some knitting. We'll see, Mondays are always big study days before my tests on Tuesdays.

Well that's about all that is going on here. My dog Kodiak is still doing just fine, strange, but we are very thankful.

I hope everyone out there had a great weekend and got to enjoy lots of enjoyed hours of knitting!

April in SC

No comments: