Thursday, April 05, 2007

MIA......

Well I went AWOL for a few days...here's my story and I'm sticking to it... ;-)

I groomed 7 of our animals on Sat...okay that was cool, woke up on my birthday super sore but I was dealing. I had a pretty relaxed birthday, just went to my aunts for dinner, and of course that was perfect, she is such a fantastic cook!!! I can't even begin to tell you how I am spoiled on a weekly basis by that Woman's lovely cooking..not to mention all the other little things she does for our family, she's just such a giving person!!!

So I took some knitting and didn't have to do much on Sun...than Monday comes around and I'm still sore but decide I'm going to get some darn things done around the house, ya know those things that suffer when you get busy but that really bother the heck out of you...and of course they are things everyone else in the family can see or do but doesn't...They will just mosey right on by it like its perfectly dusted...ladeeda... So I get to working, and working, and ohh working some more...than after working myself and the kids for several hours I decide the kids still have to much energy so we go for a walk, not a long walk but a walk, where I proceed to tell them they should race...lol... So they race down the road to the dead end and we all walk back (I took Kodiak with me and he had a hard time not running with the kids!)...

By evening I'm exhausted and funny but the kids were to, they went to bed wayyy before there bedtime.. Our youngest (6) didn't even say goodnight, she just went to bed and was asleep by 7:25....lol.... Now that alone should have been my clue as to how I had over done it, but ohhh no, I wouldn't catch on to something that simple... So I'm tired, my neck is killing me, my right arm and fingers are uber numb but I got a few things picked up and some laundry folded and minimal dusting done, and also went through some clothes I know our family is just not gonna wear and got tired of it hanging around.... I didn't think how bad it would be the next day.....

So I wake up Tues and I can hardly move...I think I'm gonna die or be paralyzed or that I will live forever with the numbness (oh wait, I feel that way almost all the time anyway...sigh..)... So I get up because I have to and sit on the couch, turn the lap top on and look over some email, I might have even answered some, not sure....I literally did nothing else really! I just sat their staring off into space or staring at my knitting, or staring at what I could still be doing or at the things I would like to be doing....like painting my daughters closet, putting my book shelf together for my school work, or just dusting the small dogs out from under my couch (we have to do this weekly and its my week...well it was...probably not now..).... By evening time I'm tired of being tired and I'm frustrated from just sitting and I'm frustrated with the pain...such a small, itty bitty accident, and all this damn pain....its not like our car was totally crunched into a box...course it was totaled, but really I don't think the lady was going 40mph, I'm sure it was way less than that, yet I pitied myself all dang day...smiling at the kids and wishing I could just MOVE body in some way that would be productive...

Okay....so yesterday comes around...I feel a bit better and of course realize that I'm allowed the occasional day of pity for myself but I'm not that type of person that can just sit and be like that, so although I didn't get much done yesterday either, I was in a way better mood. We went last night and got J's and our youngest son's hair cut and got some groceries. By the end of that I was in so much pain my hands were shaking a bit. I don't think it was so much from pain but from just being in pain for a few days. It seems the longer this goes on the less tolerance I have to pain when it happens, and the side effects are me trying to not be grumpy and shaking... Not as bad as it sounds, but that's because I'm not the type of person that likes to show weakness, I usually feel like I have to be strong for everyone else and they can't depend on me if they can't see I'm strong...So for the most part I try and hide how I'm really feeling, which of course J usually see's through, but not always...

I did start knitting something light last night, after like 3 Advil...lol... I might be able to work on my beloved socks tonight but I think I will wait and stick with the easy project until tomorrow though...

I also got something SO special for my birthday that I will be sharing with you later today. Right now I need to start on some studying, for all that we had the week off for spring break I really only had a few days and took a few more than I had anticipated, so now its back to the grind... :-)

So for anyone reading this today...I should have an nice long post later today with a special share that I got from someone VERY special!!!

April in SC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm....what could it be?? sorry to hear that you were in that much pain. :( will it ever go away?