Thursday, October 12, 2006

My First Entry

Wow, I never thought I would have a "blog", but like many since learning knitting I would like to share my projects and adventures in knitting. Today I have to gather all my knitting around for a weekend trip up to Tnn. My daughter has a rifle match up there for ROTC and I'm looking forward to the long car ride so I can just knit and knit and knit. :-) Also my plan for today is to knit a few swatches and find out if I'm twisting stitches or not. It isn't something I have ever thought about before, *I* think my knitting looks fine but after seeing a blog recently (which I'm going to re-find!) I realize that I could have those darn stitches twisted, and it really does make a difference in the way a final project looks. So I will be off soon to start those swatches and see what happens.

Right now on my needles I have just a few fingers left on some fingerless gloves for my partner Jack, a pair of gauntlets for me (my first ME project), a hoodie for my son and I need to get a scarf done hopefully over the weekend. I also bought some practice yarn for socks months ago on clearance that I might work on, I love clearance! lol

Well I'm off, I hope everyone has great knitty day!

No comments: