Friday, October 13, 2006

Getting Ready

Well I was hoping to get some swatches done yesterday but I didn't. My youngest DD (almost 6) has gotten the flu. She is home today and really not feeling well and I'm getting ready to be gone for the weekend, so I sorted through all my yarn last night and picked my projects to take. I have a few to finish and a few to work on and few to start. :-) So today is packing, taking care of her and then finally going to pick up my son at school, drive to my aunts, drop the kids off an back to the school to leave for the trip. I might forget my hair brush but you can bet my knitting is ready!

I'm pretty excited as I wrote up a quick pattern for a scarf last night (which has probably been thought of before and I just don't know it..lol). I'm not sure how it will look since I've never written anything and have only done cables once. I wanted to add some small cables on the sides but leave the middle St st because at the ends I will be sewing patch logos on it for the Georgia Bulldogs. It won't be a two/way scarf maybe I can work up to that if its possible but I'm just excited I got it on paper!

The Pattern is basically:
Cast on 28 st
Row 1: k2,p2,k4,p2,k8,p2,k4,p2,k2
Row 2: p2,k2,p4,k2,p8,k2,p4,k2,p2
x4 rows
Cable Row: k2,p2,c2f,p2,k8,p2,c2b,p2,k2
repeat row 2: p2,k2,p4,k2,p8,k2,p4,k2,p2
repeat row 1: k2,p2,k4,p2,k8,p2,k4,p2,k2
repeat row 2:
Cable Row:
Just keep doing that until its the length you want. Mine will have 3 colors used and I wrote it out to switch colors on a cable row. I'm not sure if that is correct or if it will work, heck I'm not sure if this pattern will look like mush! I do have an alternative idea though:

1. only use the K8/P8 in the middle until its long enough for the patch and then switch to K2/P2 ribbing (you would have to add extra stitches to the pattern though, bringing it up to 30 sts), that would make a kind of small box for the patch.

I think I have a few other ideas written down but my paper is not in front of me, so we'll see. If anyone KNOWS this will look like crap, please tell me, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all! LOL If you try it please let me know how you liked it and I will do the same.

Well I'm off to pack and get some things done, I have to get my school stuff around to bring also, the knitting is great but I got finals I need to work on to, I'm hoping to have them done before my family arrives from Alaska in the beginning of Nov. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: